The types of losses include:
- Motor vehicle accidents including long-haul trucking and all-terrain vehicle losses
- Environmental spills/contamination
- Fires and explosions
- Equipment accidents including construction and farm equipment
- Building failures/collapses
- Equipment malfunctions giving rise to claims for business losses/interruption
CLC’s Emergency Response Teams consist of professionals with a particular expertise in handling claims in the practice areas involved in the loss including:
- Lawyers from the affiliated firms of CLC
- Structural, mechanical, electrical and forensic engineers
- Forensic collision reconstructionists with trucking experience where required
- Origin and cause specialists
- Forensic accountants
- Investigators/independent adjusters/loss control specialists and analysis.
At the scene, the CLC lawyer will be responsible to:
- Co-ordinate, instruct and supervise the activities of the Response Team
- Assume control of the scene in co-operation with the police, fire marshal, and/or their agencies with jurisdiction
- Direct the investigations to insure they are accurate and complete
- Establish solicitor privilege appropriate
- Preserve the evidence
- Arrange for the appropriate chain of custody for evidentiary purposes at trial
- Assist insureds if incarcerated or if requiring medical care
- Respond to the media
Handle issues relating to the contents/cargo/merchandise/goods.
When called to a scene, the CLC Emergency Response team will work together under the direction of the claims examiner/risk manager giving instructions.
To access CLC’s 24/7 Emergency Response Team, simply call 1-877-247-3659 and our team of dedicated professionals will respond to your needs immediately.